SWAMP DONKEY MUSICAL THEATRE SOCIETY
The Objects of the Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre Society are:
- To foster the development of members’ musical theatre skills and creativity through their involvement in musical theatre productions;
- To increase members’ sense of community through participation in musical theatre productions;
- To increase the community of Bragg’s Creek’s understanding of and appreciation for musical theatre by providing musical theatre performances in public spaces and inviting the audience to become a partner in a shared experience;
- To provide guidance and training through musical theatre productions as well as workshops and other learning opportunities to enable members to grow in all aspects of musical theatre such as acting, voice, dance, design, construction, technical, and other areas related to theatre;
- To extend access and participation by welcoming individuals of all ages and abilities to become members; and
- To use musical theatre as a tool to teach life skills such as self-expression, cooperation, social interaction, collaboration, and self-esteem.