Stage Management Instructor
Swamp Donkey Musical Theatre is looking for an experienced Stage Manager to share their knowledge in our fall courses. This individual will teach our participants the craft of stage management. The courses will culminate with two performances: a musical revue for our adult students and a junior musical for our youth students. The Stage Management Instructor will act as the Stage Manager for the performances and direct participants in assisting with stage management.
- Prepare course materials
- Teach participants all aspects of stage management in a clear, thoughtful, and meaningful way
- Responsible for the smooth running of rehearsals
- Responsible for recording and calling all blocking and cues
- Oversee all backstage activities
- Ensure performances run smoothly
- Direct students in assisting with stage management duties
- Arrive 15 minutes early to sign participants in and out of classes.
- Previous stage management experience an asset
- Teaching experience an asset
- Knowledge of lighting and sound equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
- Calm, respectful and helpful manner under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Thursdays from 6:00 from 8:00 p.m. from September 12 to November 28, 2019
- Dress Rehearsal on November 30, 2019 from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Performances on November 30, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. and December 1, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
*Schedule will rotate with 2 out of 3 instructors per week so you may not be required every Thursday*
$50 per hour
Submit your resume to our Artistic Director via email at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 16, 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check at his/her cost.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only successful applicants will be contacted.